Wednesday, 2 April 2008

MAA Meatballs bring all the...
I'm the only Mirza left in the country! Oww Maarya left today, and I'm feeling quite sad. I had an awesome time whilst she was here and I hope that she did too! I'm going to badger her on the phone to write a (brief) synopsis of her visit for the blog, although to be honest we mostly just ate and watched T.V. (I would use the 'sheepish' emoticon here if I had one)
I did very little cooking when my sister was around, we ate out or got take-away most nights, and Ma footed the bill most nights too, so to keep up the poor student fa├žade and for any reading this I'm going to make Jamie Oliver's 'feed your family for a fiver' recipe for meatballs and spaghetti and tell you if you should!
Don't...
Well you could, but don't be hesitant in adding a little more flavour, firstly with the tomato sauce a longer slower cooking time is recommendable a teaspoon of sugar will also help take away some of the sharpness of the sauce and don't limit your self to oregano a little dried basil is good too.
To the meatballs I added some spices! I couldn't help it, they were crying out for something. Some paprika (a teaspoon) and cumin about the same quantity and a some turmeric (half teaspoon). I also couldn't help but add a minced clove of garlic. This isn't the most authentic 'meatball and spaghetti' recipe, but its meatballs and spaghetti... so it doesn't have to be!
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/family/tasty+ideas/feed_family_for_a_fiver/meal_ideas/Meatballs+n+more.htm
What would you do? click on the linl to see the original recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good time, too!

Aberdeen is a very nice, very relaxing city. Pretty granite buildings that sparkle in the sun.

I got back to London and felt very grumpy. On the way to work, I stepped on something very nasty East London is the very armpit of humanity.

You should visit!

M

Biloo said...

I'm watching 'Come dine with me' celeb special. I want to move back to London

Related Posts with Thumbnails