Tuesday 12 February 2008

I'm a 22 year old part time student part time worker living in Aberdeen which is the 3rd largest city in Scotland. It has amongst other accolades the title of 'Oil capitol of Europe' this is why some have come to know Aberdeen as being the Dallas of UK...!
Ok, you want to know more about this crazy city! So, Aberdeen is also The Granite City! This is because... many of the buildings are made with granite. This is great during the Summer months (the pluralisation of 'month' might be stretching the truth a bit), because the buildings shine like silver, but during winter, (most of the time) Aberdeen just looks incredibly grey! Bring your own S.A.D light.
Food wise I'm just beginning to explore Aberdeen, there are a number of great restaurants as you would expect from any largish city, but being on the coast and with its fishing history there are many wonderful fish markets for fresh fish. Head inland for numerous little farmers markets dotted around the outskirts of the city and throughout Aberdeenshire. Aberdeen is also a Fair Trade City (We've got signs on the side of the road at least).
I love to cook! So that's what this blogg is mostly going to be about; the recipes that I try, the books they come from, where I get ingredients, experiments and mistakes! As well as cooking I like eating at restaurants ('just wait till your metabolism slows down' they say!?), so I'll also be giving my verdict on as many as possible hopefully!
I'll also mull over some other interesting stuff...
-The fun: Scot's Speak, T.V. shows, Books, Dog talk!!!
-The not so fun: Humdrum of my dead end job (which of course I'm only doing until I realise the funds for my own café!!)
-The imagined: My own café :( My Dogs :(


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails